Are you considering investing in a solar PV system for your home or business? If so, then you may be wondering whether you should also consider adding a solar storage system.
At My Energy Solutions, we strongly recommend that you think about whether a solar storage system is a worthwhile investment for your particular circumstances. The answer depends on several factors, including your lifestyle and habits and the size of the solar PV system that you install.
What is Solar Energy Storage?
Solar energy storage is the process of collecting and storing the extra electricity that your solar power system produces. This means that you can store it for later use, when the sun isn’t shining.
The most common way to store your solar energy is with a battery storage system. This simply involves installing a battery pack and connecting it to your solar PV system. The battery then stores any excess energy generated by the panels when they are producing more energy than you need.
The Benefits of Storing Solar Energy
There are several benefits to having a battery storage system installed alongside your solar panels, such as:
● Increased efficiency – Storing electricity enables you to make better use of all the power generated by the panels, maximising their efficiency. You can also store energy during peak performance times and then use it when required.
● Cost savings – Battery storage can help households save money on their electricity bills, as stored energy can be used at times of peak usage and rates, avoiding high electricity costs. Plus, you won’t have to pay anything for electricity at night or when the sun isn’t shining.
● Backup – Battery storage can also act as an emergency power supply in the event of a blackout or natural disaster.
Should I Invest in Solar Energy Storage?
To determine if investing in solar energy storage makes sense for you, it’s important to look at factors such as:
● How much energy your solar PV system is expected to produce;
● how much of that energy is likely to be used;
● how much you are likely to save on electricity bills with battery storage;
● and how much it will cost to buy and maintain the battery storage system.
If you decide that solar energy storage is right for you, then our team at My Energy Solutions will be happy to provide more information and explain the options available and how they could benefit you specifically. Contact us today for more information!